Friday 19 December 2014

Folk art character's

After looking at the Kukeri ritual I started designing some character's based on their costumes and masks.
I loved the designs for the masks and how scary some of them looked.






 







Out of all the characters i designed this one stuck out the most to me and I've decided that I'm going to develop it more and make it the main character. 

Her mask while it was inspired by the Kukeri mask's, was also inspired from two there things


A hyoi pear from the game 'The legend of zelda, the Wind Waker'






















The Gyroid's from the game called 'Animal Crossing'  which are inspired by Japanese clay figures called Haniwa which were made for ritual use and buried with the deceased between the 3rd and 6th century AD.
(I am thinking about using this somehow based around her mask)

No comments:

Post a Comment