Sunday 16 November 2014

New style

Recently I've been stuck in a slump or what could possibly have been a very bad case of ART BLOCK, I attempted drawing everyday but the results I got weren't very good and I hated my style of drawing characters, So I had a rant to my boyfriend and he told me to experiment with different styles.

The style I looked at was mainly focused on Disney and my own boyfriends work which is realistic/ cartoony.


 The main inspiration for this sudden urge to change was from a song called Freak Kitchen-Freak of the week, which the video was traditionally animated by an ex Disney animator called Juanjo Guarnidos. (Plus the way he draws hair is gorgeous)


















Freak Kitchen's latest album "Cooking with Pagans." (Click to enlarge.)
Freak Kitchen’s latest album “Cooking with Pagans.



 













Eventually I started coming onto something (which took forever)
               



 The style I was trying to go for was a mix between cartoony but with a bit of realism to it, which I think I managed to get, either way I really like the style.

To try and get away from the anime style I made the eye's smaller which I think looks alot better.





















 After doing this I decided to experiment with some others character I had created awhile ago.























No comments:

Post a Comment