Wednesday 7 May 2014

FMP character design: Umi

From looking back at my old characters I decided who I want to use as my main protagonist and that is my character Umi.                                             

Originally Umi started out as a simple Sonic fan character but after awhile I got tired of drawing in this style so I decided to keep Umi but update her look and make her my own unique character instead of just a fan character.  























I came up with  this design for her and for awhile I was happy with it but after looking her over now Ive realized that she doesn't look that much different from her old look, so I'm going to try and give her a completely new design but I may still keep some of her main features like her hair.












This is the design I came up with which I am very happy with, I think she looks much better in my new style. I tried to give her a more modern look rather then the fantasy anime look she had before. I may colour this in the future at some point,
I also might try designing her some other outfits.
  

  Her clothes were inspired by a character from a game called "Infamous Second Son" who's name is Delsin Rowe who in the game is a graffiti artist and a delinquent.

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/044/9/4/infamous_second_son_delsin_rowe_render_cutout_2_by_mizukimarie-d74dhq1.png
 http://www.digitaltrends.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/inFAMOUSSecondSon-2.jpghttp://lifeinbits.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/2013-09-09-13.36.32.png

No comments:

Post a Comment