Thursday 23 April 2015

Parade abstract magazine creations

We were told to buy some magazines and do some automatic pictures again using different images from the magazines.

I didn't enjoy doing these at all, with my kind of pathway and style I just couldn't come up with anything decent that I liked.






















I also created this paper building but I didnt really do anything with it.



























Unfortunately I don't have anything else to put at this point.
This project was a weird one for me I enjoyed it for the for the most part but I didn't really get along with the automatic drawing, I did try it and I didn't mind drawing automatically but painting automatically and using the magazines just isn't my style, I would rather take time on my work then just drawing anything hastily that in my mind wont be as strong but I suppose it could just be me being stubborn.

Apart from the automatic drawing I created some nice pieces of work, such as these two characters which I thought were interesting.


I tried experimenting with a different material as well which I enjoyed at first again but after awhile I got bored of it, I think if I had maybe experimented with something else I have stayed more interested but as I said before I guess I'm just stubborn, you can't help what you like I suppose.

I did enjoy this project it was an odd one but the thing that I got out of it was the style that I drew the characters in, while I am right now trying to go more realistic, I now know that using shapes is actually a really good and interesting way to make characters as I've never really tried doing it before, so it's definitely a skill that may come in handy in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment