Thursday 22 January 2015

2D Pixel art Circus stage 1

I really enjoyed doing the last game stage I did so I decided to try and do another one but I based this one around the circus theme

I started by going over my character and created her circus outfit


















I had a reallllllllllllllllly hard time making the ruffle around her neck so I looked up a few references and made a few attempts out of it 


https://img0.etsystatic.com/013/0/5426178/il_570xN.415449016_2gm6.jpg



















https://d2fzf9bbqh0om5.cloudfront.net/images/166139/original/copper_peacock_elizabethan_neck_ruff_ruffled_collar_victorian_steampunk_gothic_ties_and_neckwear_5.jpg?1403390875
 https://img1.etsystatic.com/000/1/5545296/il_fullxfull.282061447.jpg




And in the end this is what I came up with













 I then started to do the stage, I had the idea of doing the outside of the tent, which is how the enter the final area


Then I started designing a ticket booth which you would have to jump over to enter the next level since you don't have enough money


















I drew the ticket booth man when he gets out of the booth, I had the idea that hes actually really fat, to the point where he gets stuck in the booth and takes on its shape, so when hes comes out of the booth he's square and his fat jiggles back to shape



































 An example my boyfriend made


 I also made some boxes for you to jump over and when I colored it I also made the price higher, it in my mind symbolizes your knowledge of money, since the main character is a child she doesn't understand money very well which could also show how young she is














Then just like before I started doing the objects of the level which I did one at a time and colored afterwards
I thought that since this is the last stage of the game I decided to change the color of the background and make its so its near to night and this is the finished piece


Compared to my other stage this one didn't have as many things I needed to make before which made this stage a lot more easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment